Monday, November 17, 2003

My Claim to Fame, Pt. II

My throat feels like someone just ran sandpaper up and down it for about 20 minutes, but this is better than the burning sensation, which just stopped.

I decided a nice mug of hot chocolate would be a nice afternoon treat, so I made one for myself and took a big swallow. Now, there's a reason it's called "hot" chocolate and not "cold" chocolate -- probably because it'd be chocolate milk, and the water that comes from our hot water tap on the coffee maker -- it is definitely hot. I know that now. After my eyes stopped watering and I could breathe again, I began pouring water down my throat.

So yes, the curse continues. Maybe I shall apologize to Aaron for laughing at him when he burned himself baking cookies years ago, but right now, I need to figure out how to spread Noxema on my esophagus.

Any suggestions are welcome.

No comments: