Friday, November 14, 2003

A Midautumn Night's Musing

It's been an exhausting week, and I'm happy it's over. I feel weary; not tired - weary. Nothing sounds good right now; nothing sounds fun. I'm tired, burned out and ready for the weekend.

I want to go somewhere with the sun. I want to swim with dolphins. I want to walk through the perfect stillness of a forest path at sunset, listening to the wind whispering through the leaves, knowing that I'm the only person for miles around.

I want to leave the world of resumes, raking leaves and rain-befuddled drivers behind for awhile.

The really lame thing here is that two months ago, I was in Las Vegas, enjoying three days of drunken irresponsibility. Perhaps three days wasn't enough.

I hope everyone is safe and warm tonight, and not out in the cold, biting rain.

No comments: