Monday, December 06, 2004

Three-And-A-Half Days

That's 84 hours. 5,040 minutes. That's the countdown until vacation. I'm becoming increasingly useless at work. Visions of dancing big slick is running through my head.

Needless to say, I'm excited. But I'm not going to bore both of my loyal readers with my dreams of degenerate gambling, so it's going to be a nice miscellaneous post.

  • After years of therapy, my commercial hatred is down to only two entities: McDonalds (grr) and all the damn diamond commercials they play at Christmas. Can they make an ad more nauseating?
  • I'm a concerned parent tonight. Trudy is pretty sick and lying around the next room. I brought her water bowl upstairs along with her bed, so she can sleep upstairs tonight. Hopefully, she'll be back to her usual self tomorrow. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I'm not sure, but I much prefer my dog to be healthy and happy.
  • Why does the KMOX staff subject us to this God-awful Christmas show every year? And who do they get to shell out money for this thing? And more importantly, who told Carol Daniel she can sing? Ouch.
  • If anyone's really bored tomorrow night, I'll be appearing at the Maryland Yards in Maryland Heights tomorrow night, playing in a free poker tournament. And when I say appearing, I mean showing up. A friend called me out, so I need to defend my honor. I'll be the one leaving four minutes after it starts, muttering to himself about "calling stations" and "big blind specials".
  • Barry Bonds. Steroids. Who knew? I mean, the way his body shape changed in his mid-30s didn't indicate anything. Oh wait, Barry didn't know - he thought it was flaxseed oil. Nice, Barry. Now you're a jerk AND a moron.

Good night all. Keep warm and dry.

No comments: