Monday, June 21, 2004

Weekend Aftermath -

My stomach is rolling and rumbling like a thunderstorm and I really want some sleep. I haven't been able to eat all day, and I need to do a lot more cleaning before I can finally call it a night.

Seventy-two hours ago, I was downing my second or third beer of many for the night, until I finally slept sometime around three.

Forty-eight hours ago, I was watching the poker tournament I'd been recently bounced out of and, yep - drinking another beer.

The night before, I found that I played better poker when I was a little on the drunk side. Unfortunately, I was going from a data sample of one. Probably should have done a little more homework.

Personally, I think the reason I was bounced was because I wasn't drunk enough at the time.

Of course, it may have had something to do with the poker gods laughing at me by giving my opponent trip eights on the river after I went all in on a pair of aces.

In any case, with the night and lots of beer in my veins, I didn't roll into bed until five in the morning. Then we woke up and drove ten hours back home, eating nothing but McDonalds, Wendy's and any junk we could find.

So let's recap the weekend, shall we?

Twenty-two hours in the car with four good friends, a DVD player and a ton of movies. Playing poker all weekend and going to a great party in South Carolina thrown by another good friend. Eating bad food and drinking enough alcohol to probably run my car.

Basically, what I'm getting at here is even though I'm not sure I'll be able to go more than three hours without hitting the can or eat solid food again, I'm ready to go back.

A little drunken irresponsibility is definitely a good thing every once in awhile. Thanks for a fantastic weekend, Brad.

No comments: