Monday, March 01, 2004

Ten Things I've Learned in 2004

Now that 2004 has hit the 1/6 mark, I feel a little reflection is in order. So here are ten things I've learned so far:

  • If I wear an apron, I can actually cook while wearing real (read: not torn up) clothing AND then I can wear those same clothes in public - and I don't look like I just climbed out of a sewer!.
  • Women don't go for guys who talk to themselves while staring at cracker boxes.
  • 16 gallons of Diet Pepsi shortly before going to bed is not a good idea.
  • The Return of the King is even longer the second time you see it.
  • I'm not sure this is healthy, but I'm actually counting down the days until baseball season starts - 29 days!.
  • Cubs fans really scare me. And let's face it -- Alex Gonzales was even more responsible for them losing the series.
  • Greatest Thing Ever: Beef Stew
  • Live-action talk shows are a blast. Who knew?
  • Don't drive a large trailer laden with a Mardi Gras float down Lemp Ave.
  • Never, under any circumstance - no matter how easy it rolls off the tongue, no matter how much you want to say it, say a book is "too Oprah Book Club" while on a date.

No comments: