Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Of Course It Wasn't His Fault . . .

Today, I ran to the bank at lunch. Romey was in the basement, so I was flipping stations. Unfortunately, I found Rush's program.

Now, Rush is out for awhile. I'm sure you've all heard about his problems, and I say nothing about the apparent hypocrisy of someone who gleefully attacks drug addicts then begs for compassion and forgiveness when his problems come to light. But I digress.

Rush's replacement had a gentleman on -- David Horowitz. Mr. Horowitz decries the lefties who have dominated our college campuses over the past 30 years, but that's not my problem with him.

No, my problem is that he talked about how in the 70s, the Democrats "chased Nixon out of office." It was basically a coup, he said.

I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but my recollection is that Nixon resigned after all his shennanigans with CREEP started being aired out, and those shennanigans were just like my six-week-old laundry: they stank.

So those traitorous lefites teamed up on poor, misunderstood Richard and chased him out of office in a power grab. Right.

The real tragedy here is that there are several thousand people who believed this guy. Open a freakin' book, folks. Read newspapers. The greatest source of information known to man is at your fingertips: the Internet. Use it. If you want to believe Rush and his syncophants, go right ahead, but do it after you know what you're talking about -- not just taking this guy's word for it.

This is why politics in this country are such a god-awful mess these days.

No comments: