Sunday, October 26, 2003

THHHEEEE YANKEES LOSE! THHHEEE YANKEES LOSE!!

Proof to King George that you can't go out and buy a championship every year. Congrats, Marlins, I hope you and your 50 fans enjoy the celebration.

I don't have much respect for Yankees fans -- you don't have to work at loving the Yankees - it just takes blind devotion. I have more respect for teams with ups and downs (or downs and downs, like the Cubs - "Wait 'till next year!").

However, I will say that when I was at Yankee Stadium for a game this summer, the fans were fun, knowlegeable and genuinely enjoyed the game, and they didn't give us a hard time for wearing our Cardinals' jerseys.

But even if they were nice, I still don't respect them; after all, it's easy to be a fan when your team always wins.

No comments: