Friday, October 24, 2003

It's late, I can feel the night in my veins, I'm tired but don't feel like sleeping. The world goes on as I pound away at the keyboard. Late at night, I become pretty restless and tend to lie awake very late, so tonight, I decided to give this blog thing a try.

Incidently, I've already messed it up once.

Not much on television tonight, so I rented a movie - 28 Days Later. One word: Zombies! I love cheesy horror movies! The lower the budget the better. I can't tell you how many times I've sat awake on a school night, watching some lame monster movie.

However, I have to say that 28 Days Later isn't really cheesy; it's actually pretty good. The basic story is bicycle courier Jim wakes up from a month-long coma to find London deserted. It seems that some animal rights activists busted into a lab and freed some chimpanzees who were infected with a virus that's so infectious that the smallest exposure will turn you into an enraged zombie who runs around screaming, puking and biting everyone in sight (kind of like Herman, MO during Octoberfest . . .).

The movie's third act gets away from that a little, but it's still a damn good movie.

Well, I'm crashing out for the night. However, before I go to bed, I need to push the dresser in front of the door - childhood habits die hard. ; )

No comments: