Monday, March 31, 2008

Paging Mr. P.

Dear Mr. Paul P.,
I just wanted to let you know that I'm taking good care of your old home phone number, and over the last few years I've put it to good use. However, I would appreciate it if you could, perhaps, start paying your bills and not giving your old phone number to your creditors.

Apparently, there are something like 850,000 collection agencies scattered around the world, and they're all trying to reach you.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it persists, go online and submit a complaint to the Attorney General of MO. Works like a charm.

But first,if you know the calling number but not the calling party, try looking the number up on the web to see if you can get a name to go with the number. Also, you might find this website of interest:

Just enter the phone number and click Lookup. If you get a name, you can include that in your complaint to the AG.

Hopefully, you won't need to resort to such drastic measures.