Thursday, January 13, 2005

2004 in Review (Briefly)

Since 2004 has been over and gone for about two weeks now, I thought I would mention my favorite things about it . . . and that's it - no more mention of it ever again. Ever. Not a bit. None.

So here we go:
Favorite albums from the year (in no particular order):

  • Arcade Fire - Funeral
  • Brian Wilson - Smile
  • Hem - Eveningland
  • Rogue Wave - Out of the Shadow
  • Garden State Soundtrack


Favorite books I read (again, no particular order):
  • Chasm City - Alaistair Renolds
  • To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee (I know, I read it in high school, but it's just that damn good)
  • Alexander Hamilton - Ron Chernow


Best night of sleep:
May 29 - We'd just come off the trail. Two hours later, we were in a small cabin near Olympic National Park, and as cold rain pelted the roof, I collapsed on the futon, warmed by the propane stove next to me.

Other stuff:
New job, new car, plus a few other changes that I'm excited about. All in all, 2004 was a good year. Now, I promise not to be as lazy and start writing daily again. Okay - weekly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brian-Are you going to start the New Year out a liar already? Where are the new insights? Where are the anecdotes? Where is the new post a day, or even a week? Where is my promised cookie story? Where is the love? Aaron