Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Vacation Approaching . . .

This week was eye-opening, because I saw just what kind of bad shape I'm in currently, and it's not pretty.

Saturday, I woke up early and hit the gym, where I had a nice leg workout (and no, she wasn't there, so don't ask). I followed that up on Sunday with some yard work, and then I played two games of kickball. And I followed the kickball with a softball game.

Needless to say, on Monday, I moved like an 80-year-old arthritic.

Usually, I'd laugh this off, but in one month, I'm going to be hiking through Olympic National Park, and I really don't want to die on this trip. I'd really prefer enjoying the beauty of the rain forest while walking through it, instead of trudging through the mud trying to keep my heart beating.

At least I have a month to get my shit together, so I'm hitting the trail this weekend, with a full pack. And hopefully, I won't drop dead 20 feet from the trailhead.

Strangely enough, I'm still looking forward to this trip - it's a week away from work. It's a week away from here, which is something I can use, since I don't get away nearly enough.

So we're 31 days away from me vs. nature. May the best competitor win.

No comments: