Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Trust Me! Of Course I'm Honest!

I received an e-mail from Citibank yesterday, and I have to say that I think they're in trouble. I found this rather strange for a few reasons. One -- because I never gave Citibank my e-mail address. Second, because they never found it necessary to e-mail me before.

But mostly, I was worried about their atrocious spelling. Here's the first line:

Thiss E-MAIL was ssent by the_ _Citibank servers to
veerify your _email_ adress_.

See what I mean? That's horrifying!

Also, can't Citibank afford their own e-mail server? I mean sending an e-mail from bigfoot.com seems kind of cheap. Couldn't they secure the domain name? Heck, Microsoft sues 17-year-olds for coming up with riffs off their name based on his own. Citibank is just too darn nice for it's own good I guess.

But the thing that concerns me the most is that they asked me to click on a link, and enter my account number and PIN in the "litlle winddow". Whatever that is. But wouldn't Citibank already have that information? Why should I type it into a "litlle winddow"?

What's that? This is a scam, you say? Nonsense! It can't be!

In all seriousness, I can't believe that people actually fall for this stuff. Identity theft scares the hell out of me. Anyone can get scammed, and some poor sucker actually falls for this lame-ass scam? I'm insulted they sent it to me . . . even though I won't tell them about it. The last thing I need is more spam.

No comments: